So, yes, review post!
The Tomorrow Men is the first of the novels. It's based purely on Ults vol 1 characterization, and boy, does it show!( Read more... )
The second novel, “Against all Enemies,” was released a year later and oh boy, okay, this one definitely fulfilled the “everyone is an asshole” part of Ults. Like, everyone is an asshole. Too much so, in some respects.( Read more... )
* I got my assignment for femslashex and I'm already at work on it! I get to incorporate one of my favorite AUs/genres in here. Here's hoping my recipient will like it. It's already a lot of fun!
* I was hours deep into the hole that is Marvel wikia when I found out that there exists a limited-distribution, print-run only issue of Avengers where it's post-CW and Tony watches a video message that Steve left for him before his death. A;DLKFJAS; The issue itself was distributed for overseas soldiers, which is very obvious in the story. It's not as shippy as my description sounds, but there are still some good moments and mostly I'm delighted that there exists post-CW angst that I hadn't discovered yet, and that no one in the fandom seems to have talked about ten years after the fact! Maybe we'll uncover more nuggets in the future ;)
* I think the summer of business is winding down and I can think more about writing and fanfic. For now, I'll keep it to short things for (very late) TRB submissions or bingo fills, but I'm actually feeling okay with writing now. I cleaned up a nearly complete WIP I had and posted it, even!
* Part of the reason for this is that I'm actually reading lots of comics lately. Also, I see mostly squee on twitter, so I'm more full of positive feelings for fandom right now.
* I watched Wonder Woman yesterday since it finally came out in Japan! In short, I loved it, and I definitely want to rewatch it again soon. I totally got chills at No Man's Land (everyone's favorite scene in the movie, yes??).
* Okay, not fannish, but I passed the JLPT N3! I think I'll make it a goal when the semester starts up again to also get back into the Japanese study habit and start preparing for N2 next July!
I read Avengers/Invaders, finally! It's that post-Civil War comic where the Invaders of the past travel to the present. My Tony feels are all here, in this puddle on the ground. The dialogue between Steve and Tony in it was specifically calculated to cut as deep into Tony's heart as possible, it was amazing. And the best/worst part is that Tony is always in the armor so you can just imagine how much pain he's in behind that faceplate. I think the story was very crowded and not without its fair share of ass-pulls, but the emotions were all there and. TONY. With this, the only Director Stark stuff I haven't read is Frontline, which means my last line of defense for Tony angst will be that scene where he's sobbing on the floor.
In other Tony feels, Spider-Man: Homecoming came out today in Japan, so I finally watched it!
( Read more... )
Stallion, Schmallion is based off that one scene in S02E11 where Steve is a knight in shining armor.
I'm sorry, I don't know a thing about horses. I hope you can overlook that for the established relationship fluff.
I'm surprised how many of the works were based on the S3 finale angst, but I really shouldn't have been, huh?
It takes place in the first arc of Avengers vol 3, with Morgan le Fay and medieval Avengers! My favorite aesthetic :) Here's the summary:
When Steve tries to break Tony out of Morgan le Fay's mind-control by waking him up, he doesn't expect Tony to kiss him. He also doesn't mean to kiss him back.
Now, time to rewatch some AA and panic-write some fic. At this point, my countdown fic will be maybe...300 words...but it's fine! I'm so, so glad to see how much activity there's been in the tag. I'm super happy people are so excited about AAS4 (which airs in 6 hours from now!) Here's crossing fingers it's a great season premiere.
Oh wait, here's the summary, first:
- When Tony's life is in danger, Steve does the only thing he can do to save his teammate: he makes an honest man out of him. Steve and Tony's sham marriage is only supposed to be a blip in their history that no one has to know about. But when they're outed to the press, and with ghosts from his past coming to haunt him, Steve must come to terms with the idea that his own feelings for Tony might not be a lie.
Anyway, I'm going to go collapse now. I've been planning upcoming posts while I was in RBB panic-writing though, so expect those soon!
( i've been searching for you since our past-past-past-life )